Subject: [PATCH v5 1/1] gnu: home: Add support for home-pipewire-service

From: Tanguy LE CARROUR <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2023 10:25:29 +0200

Hi Brian,

I came across you patch by chance and, as I had been waiting for a
PipeWire home service for a long time, I couldn't resist trying it out!

I copied it to my channel, added it to my home configuration,
reconfigured and… go this message:

```
guix home: error: service 'pipewire' requires 'dbus', which is not provided by any service
```

I was a little confused, because in the documentation, you wrote
"As PipeWire does not use @code{dbus} to start its services on demand".

I added it anyway, reconfigured and after rebooting (I currently have a
problem with shepherd not being properly reloaded! 😞) I can see
the new services as being "stopped" in `herd status` output.
Are they stopped on purpose? Who is supposed to start them?
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand how it's supposed to work.
I've tried joining a JitsiMeet conference. The video seems to be
working, but my mic‘ is marked as "broken".

I've had to roll back my home configuration for the time being,
but if there are more things I can try to make it work and help your
patch being merged, I would be more than happy to try them!

Anyway, thanks for you work on this patch! Can't wait for it to be
merged.

-- 
Tanguy