Subject: [bug#63863] [PATCH v4 0/1] gnu: home: Add support for home-pipewire-service

From: Brian Cully <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 08:41:11 -0400

This patch iteration adds some more documentation. Specifically:

1) Explain why we need the Shepherd to start services,
2) document the Shepherd services started,
3) flesh out the JACK and PulseAudio emulation bits, and,
4) use @subsubheading to separate the PulseAudio RTP stuff from the
PipeWire stuff.

Regarding point 3, I looked at existing home-service documentation,
and used the style found in the shells section of the manual, rather
than trying to group everything under the @defvar for the
service-type, as is done in other parts (such as desktop services).

I did this because the sections in the sound services are more
verbose, so I felt it read better with @subsubheading where more
disparate topics could be synthesized into a more cohesive narrative
structure, leaving @defvar to explain the variables themselves. Also,
it meant I wouldn't have to make any major changes to the existing
PulseAudio RTP section, which I didn't write, and have only lightly
used.

Brian Cully (1):
  gnu: home: Add support for home-pipewire-service

 doc/guix.texi               |  73 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/home/services/sound.scm | 115 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 187 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: bb09f3ac002a4f34177d42fd3ea0332f4b7fe7a6
-- 
2.40.1