Subject: Re: [bug#63863] [PATCH] gnu: home: Add support for home-pipewire-service

From: Brian Cully <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 08:20:47 -0400

Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Or would something like "PipeWire media processing" seem to 
>> suit it
>> better for you?
>
> Yep.

Works for me.

> Anyway, without the config above alsamixer doesn't work on my 
> system,
> probably with some configuration it's possible to make it work, 
> but
> bypassing pipewire, however I think it would be nice to go full
> pipewire.

I've just tried using ‘alsamixer’ from the ‘alsa-utils’ package 
this morning, and it works for me without any additional 
configuration. It shows both ‘Card’ and ‘Chip’ to be ‘PulseAudio’, 
and volume control works. Although, that is with PulseAudio 
emulation enabled. Should the ALSA configuration always be added? 
Or just if it's enabled in configuration (possibly defaulting #t)?

-bjc