Subject: bug#6385: A slightly less aggressive fit-window-to-buffer

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 19:48:33 +0200

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 7:44 PM, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I think it is very practical to be able to do let-bind
>> window-min-height this way. I can look at the code of course and found
>> out, but where is is possible deleting of small height windows done?
>
> With the first call to delete_window in enlarge_window.  This deletes
> the argument window if its new size is less than `window-min-height'.
> And size_window calls delete_window on any window whose size has become
> too small when (virtually) resizing a parent window back to its original
> size.

Thanks.

>> Is there a thought behind it or is it a bug?
>
> The thought behind it was probably that anyone who wants to enlarge a
> window also accepts that other windows may get deleted in the process.
> I suppose "collateral damage" has become the terminus technicus for such
> behavior.

;-)

Is there consensus that we should get rid of this kind deleting of
windows with height less than window-min-height?