Subject: bug#6385: A slightly less aggressive fit-window-to-buffer

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 17:20:09 +0200

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 4:34 PM, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Please post a recipe for reproducing the problem.  I never had any
> problem with this in practice so I can't tell.
>
>> What are your thoughts about let-binding `min-window-height'? What are the
>> cases
>> where that won't fix the problem?
>
> Let-binding `window-min-height' (I suppose that's the variable you mean)
> can be used to make a window less than `window-min-height' high.  Doing
> this can eventually cause the deletion of that window after the binding
> has been exited.  This is not a speciality of `fit-window-to-buffer' but
> a consequence of the fact that Emacs can delete windows that are smaller
> than `window-min-height' high.

I am currently let-binding window-min-height to something smaller than
window-min-height, but I have never seen any problem because of that.

I think it is very practical to be able to do let-bind
window-min-height this way. I can look at the code of course and found
out, but where is is possible deleting of small height windows done?
Is there a thought behind it or is it a bug?