Subject: Re: bug#6385: A slightly less aggressive fit-window-to-buffer

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:00:59 +0200

> What I saw was the even  2 lines high buffer made fit-window-to-buffer
 > delete sibling windows. All the time - but... I thought I knew how to
 > reproduce it. So I did not write any test procedures, I was just a bit
 > irritated. A mistake.
[...]
 > This function killed all other siblings even if it just actually needs
 > two lines if certain conditions are met. (Those I tried to describe.)
 >
 > So this was just a desperate attempt to stop that. I do not know what
 > to do at the moment. I will try to reproduce this and look a bit
 > closer at it later.

Deleting other windows when resizing was a misguided feature.  I don't
do that any more for quite some time and didn't miss it yet ;-)

In any case, the issue whether a position is visible in a window is a
priori not related to the issue whether resizing is allowed to delete
any windows.  You patch might handle a few cases, accidentally ...

martin