Subject: bug#63831: Accidentally submit two bug reports for the same topic

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2023 10:17:07 +0200

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Richard,

>   > No. This would send the information to spam factories that the given
>   > email address on debbugs.gnu.org is valid. Meaning increasing the
>   > amount of spam.
>
> Is the idea that, under the current system, spam never gets any response?

As moderator, I can decide to "Reject" or "Discard" a message. Usually I
decide to discard, which means "no response", yes. The Help describes
the options as

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Reject -- Reject the message, sending a rejection notice to the sender,
and discarding the original message. For membership requests, reject the
change in membership status. In either case, you should add a reason for
the rejection in the accompanying text box.

Discard -- Throw away the original message, without sending a rejection
notice. For membership requests, this simply discards the request
without notice to the person making the request. This is usually the
action you want to take for known spam.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Best regards, Michael.