Subject: bug#63831: Accidentally submit two bug reports for the same topic

From: Amritpal Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 09:16:49 +0530

> [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
> [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
> [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

>   > Please be more patient.  Each bug report is approved by a human, to
>   > avoid the catastrophic consequences of admitting spam to the bug list.
>   > So it might take some time, especially if the person who approves the
>   > bug reports and you live in different time zones.

> There are good reasons for this, but can we do something to help
> bug submitters understand the situation?

> For instance, we could set up an immeidate auto-reply to inform them
> of the delay to expect.

> If we had two people to do the moderation, maybe they could work
> at different times of day -- that would shorten the usual wait time
> without incresaing the work.

While we're on the topic of bug report moderation, is it possible that the
current human moderation might be a little ineffective? We've observed
that me accidentally submitting a duplicate report made it through human
filters, and I had notice another instance of a "spam" email, where no
subject or body was present.
See: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2023-06/msg00107.html

I'm not trying to impugn someone else's ability of moderating but the current
system seems a little ineffective. Also I'd like to apologize if my
language/wording
seems abrasive towards the moderation team as this is no way an insult to their
work but rather a lack of implementation of better systems by management.

I'd also like to draw attention towards the actual bug+patch report
#63831, it's been
close to two days now and such a small change could easily be merged into HEAD.
But the bug does seem low priority (even though breaking) to me as well so
I would not question the maintainers' decision to prioritize critical
bugs over this.

I wish you a good day/night and, again would like to apoligise for any
rude language.

Regards,
Amritpal Singh