Subject: bug#63831: fix bug with failed inflation of .el.gz files in src/decompress.c

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 08:30:18 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>> We've observed that me accidentally submitting a duplicate report
>> made it through human filters,

FTR, there are several moderators, so you cannot expect that both
reports have been seen by the same moderator (honestly, I don't
remember the case)

Furthermore, we don't decide on the contents. If something looks like a
valid bug report we approve, whatever it is about. No further checks on
duplicates or alike, that would exceed our limited resources.

>> I'm not trying to impugn someone else's ability of moderating but the current
>> system seems a little ineffective.

> I'm not sure I understand what you are suggesting here.  What better
> system did you have in mind?

I don't feel offended :-)

Anyway, what we do is manual, human work. Do you recommend to hand over
moderation to ChatGPT? :-)

Best regards, Michael.