Subject: Re: bug#63831: Accidentally submit two bug reports for the same topic

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 17:27:27 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Please be more patient.  Each bug report is approved by a human, to
  > avoid the catastrophic consequences of admitting spam to the bug list.
  > So it might take some time, especially if the person who approves the
  > bug reports and you live in different time zones.

There are good reasons for this, but can we do something to help
bug submitters understand the situation?

For instance, we could set up an immeidate auto-reply to inform them
of the delay to expect.

If we had two people to do the moderation, maybe they could work
at different times of day -- that would shorten the usual wait time
without incresaing the work.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)