Subject: bug#63822: 29.0.90; Cannot save GPG files

From: Reindert-Jan Ekker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:15:09 +0200

Saving GPG files seems to be broken. Here’s what I do:

- Open a GPG encrypted file
- Add a line of text
- Save (C-x C-s)

This shows "Saving filename.gpg ..." but does not finish.
The only way to regain control seems to be cancelling with C-g.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.90 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS
appkit-2022.60 Version 11.5.2 (Build 20G95)) of 2023-05-08 built on
CodeSensei-MacBook-Air.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.5.2

Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.90/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@29/29.0.90 --with-xml2
--with-gnutls --without-compress-install --without-dbus
--without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
-mmacosx-version-min=11
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk
-DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT'
'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
-I/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/include -isystem/opt/homebrew/include
-F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk'
'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib
-L/opt/homebrew/opt/[email-masked]/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
-F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
-isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX11.sdk''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 37862 7181)
(symbols 48 5047 0)
(strings 32 12627 2284)
(string-bytes 1 361898)
(vectors 16 10369)
(vector-slots 8 154633 18465)
(floats 8 21 23)
(intervals 56 300 0)
(buffers 984 11))