Subject: bug#63755: 29.0.91; json-ts-mode tree-sitter query error with tree-sitter 0.19

From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 16:31:14 +0100

Reproduction:

1. echo '{ "hello" : 1 }' > test.json
2. open /path/to/ns-port-emacs-29 ./test.json --args -q
3. M-x json-ts-mode
4. Observe font-lock is not working in the buffer and the following
message in the *Messages* buffer:

```
Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 1) signaled (treesit-query-error "Node type error at" 2 "(comment) @font-lock-comment-face" "Debug the query with `treesit-query-validate'")
```

Expectation:

font-lock should work for json-ts-mode buffers when emacs is compiled
with the latest release of tree-sitter on macOS.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.91 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin22.4.0, NS
 appkit-2299.50 Version 13.3.1 (a) (Build 22E772610a)) of 2023-05-26
 built on MobileCat.localdomain
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.3.1

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-silent-rules --without-dbus
 --without-gconf --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-libgmp
 --with-gnutls --with-json --with-xml2 --with-modules --infodir
 /opt/local/share/info/emacs --with-sqlite3 --with-webp --with-ns
 --with-lcms2 --without-harfbuzz --without-imagemagick --without-xaw3d
 --with-tree-sitter --with-rsvg --with-xwidgets
 --with-native-compilation=aot 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os -Wno-attributes
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk -arch
 arm64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc12 -Wl,-no_pie
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk
 -arch arm64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XWIDGETS ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: JSON

Minor modes in effect:
  company-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  beginend-prog-mode: t
  imenu-list-minor-mode: t
  purpose-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  magit-todos-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  projectile-rails-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  crm-custom-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  dap-tooltip-mode: t
  dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
  dap-ui-controls-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  smooth-scrolling-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  rxt-global-mode: t
  rxt-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  global-whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  global-origami-mode: t
  origami-mode: t
  global-move-dup-mode: t
  move-dup-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-show-hunk-mouse-mode: t
  diff-hl-show-hunk-mouse-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  dap-auto-configure-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  amx-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230519.1940/transient hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug vundo json-ts-mode jsonian facemenu
two-column company-prescient prescient char-fold company-keywords
company-etags etags fileloop company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-yasnippet company-capf company-files
company-cmake company-clang company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb rainbow-mode elisp-def ert debug backtrace dired-aux vc-hg
vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs diff-hl-dired
all-the-icons-dired dired-collapse dired-hacks-utils smartparens-rust
smartparens-config smartparens-javascript smartparens-ruby
smartparens-org smartparens-python smartparens-markdown smartparens-text
smartparens-c tcl company-quickhelp pos-tip display-line-numbers
cap-words superword subword page-break-lines beginend window-purpose-x
shut-up imenu-list hideshow window-purpose window-purpose-fixes
window-purpose-prefix-overload window-purpose-switch
window-purpose-layout window-purpose-core window-purpose-configuration
window-purpose-utils ibuffer-projectile windmove dired-hide-dotfiles
shrink-path git-timemachine vc-git magit-lfs magit-todos hl-todo async
forge-list forge-commands forge-semi forge-bitbucket buck forge-gogs
gogs forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab forge-github ghub-graphql treepy
gsexp ghub forge-notify forge-revnote forge-pullreq forge-issue
forge-topic bug-reference forge-post forge-repo forge forge-core
forge-db closql emacsql-sqlite-common emacsql emacsql-compiler
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
git-commit log-edit add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode magit-git
magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor crm diff-hl-flydiff diff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util rg rg-info-hack rg-menu rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg wgrep
rg-history rg-header projectile-rails rake inflections inf-ruby
ruby-mode smie autoinsert lsp-metals view lsp-metals-treeview
treemacs-extensions treemacs-mouse-interface lsp-metals-protocol
lsp-sourcekit dap-java lsp-java request lsp cargo cargo-process
rust-ts-mode cmake-ts-mode yard-mode lsp-pyright pet lsp-jedi
python-pytest projectile grep transient python-isort python-black python
compat python-insert-docstring typescript-ts-mode prettier tramp
tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp
nvm iter2 generator reformatter flycheck-package package-lint finder
dockerfile-ts-mode toml-ts-mode yaml-ts-mode eterm-256color term
disp-table native-complete shell ehelp xterm-color verb js c-ts-common
treesit cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align
cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs url-queue url-file org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat
org-macs quick-peek lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc xwidget goto-addr
lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-ui-util face-remap
pdf-loader pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
pdf-misc pdf-tools pdf-view treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags bookmark
jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util format-spec pdf-macs image-mode
exif iedit iedit-lib mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more
mc-cycle-cursors multiple-cursors-core rect crm-custom scroll-on-jump
pager-default-keybindings pager browse-kill-ring edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-delight exec-path-from-shell
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces all-the-icons-data-material-icons
all-the-icons-data-fluentui-system-icons
all-the-icons-data-fontawesome-4 all-the-icons-data-weather-icons
all-the-icons-data-vscode-codicons all-the-icons-data-octicons
all-the-icons-data-mfixx all-the-icons-data-file-icons
all-the-icons-data-devopicons all-the-icons-data-alltheicons svg dom xml
parse-time iso8601 spaceline-config spaceline-segments spaceline
powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes solarized-dark-theme
solarized-theme solarized solarized-faces delight quelpa-use-package
use-package-core quelpa lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree finder-inf
mm-archive message sendmail yank-media dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa gnus-util time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls url-cache url-http
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw dap-mouse dap-ui lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-generic
lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs-treelib treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-interface
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator pulse treemacs-faces treemacs-icons
treemacs-scope treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi bindat
gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button
bui-utils lsp-lens winner which-key which-func smooth-scrolling
smartparens loadhist server savehist saveplace pcre2el rxt re-builder
recentf mb-depth ido-vertical-mode ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit
pp minibuf-eldef help-at-pt whitespace-cleanup-mode whitespace so-long
origami origami-parsers cl move-dup hl-line flycheck find-func
diff-hl-show-hunk diff-hl-inline-popup diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir
vc vc-dispatcher company autorevert aggressive-indent gcmh flx-ido
advice flx ido icomplete editorconfig editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch direnv diff-mode
easy-mmode desktop frameset delsel dap-mode dap-tasks dap-launch
lsp-docker yaml posframe dap-overlays lsp-mode lsp-protocol
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet xref project tree-widget wid-edit spinner
network-stream puny nsm markdown-mode color thingatpt noutline outline
lv inline imenu ht f f-shortdoc ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config dash compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring auto-compile amx s
let-alist filenotify cus-load move-dup-autoloads gcmh-autoloads
yarn-mode-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads web-mode-autoloads
docker-compose-mode-autoloads monky-autoloads auto-yasnippet-autoloads
company-prescient-autoloads cycle-quotes-autoloads forge-autoloads
auto-compile-autoloads python-docstring-autoloads
flycheck-plantuml-autoloads direnv-autoloads lsp-pyright-autoloads
graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads prettier-autoloads lsp-sourcekit-autoloads
protobuf-mode-autoloads lsp-java-autoloads
highlight-indent-guides-autoloads ts-comint-autoloads
impostman-autoloads macrostep-autoloads spaceline-autoloads
bug-hunter-autoloads graphql-mode-autoloads yard-mode-autoloads
git-modes-autoloads fontify-face-autoloads crm-custom-autoloads
buffer-move-autoloads pet-autoloads scroll-on-jump-autoloads
package-build-autoloads derived flycheck-package-autoloads
magit-lfs-autoloads lsp-origami-autoloads origami-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads ido-completing-read+-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
verb-autoloads memoize-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads reason-mode-autoloads
company-quickhelp-autoloads sbt-mode-autoloads lsp-jedi-autoloads
lsp-metals-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads page-break-lines-autoloads
smart-semicolon-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads sphinx-doc-autoloads
browse-kill-ring-autoloads dired-hide-dotfiles-autoloads
svg-lib-autoloads jsonian-autoloads amx-autoloads
eterm-256color-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads ialign-autoloads
dotenv-mode-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads default-text-scale-autoloads
iter2-autoloads enh-ruby-mode-autoloads swift-mode-autoloads
csv-mode-autoloads po-mode-autoloads dired-single-autoloads
flycheck-cask-autoloads tuareg-autoloads caml-autoloads
all-the-icons-dired-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads jq-mode-autoloads
smartparens-autoloads flx-isearch-autoloads emmet-mode-autoloads
editorconfig-autoloads closql-autoloads emacsql-autoloads
cask-mode-autoloads ghub-autoloads company-native-complete-autoloads
native-complete-autoloads company-autoloads focus-autoloads
flycheck-projectile-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads delight-autoloads
flx-ido-autoloads olivetti-autoloads lorem-ipsum-autoloads
wgrep-ag-autoloads buttercup-autoloads vundo-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads python-insert-docstring-autoloads cargo-autoloads
add-node-modules-path-autoloads request-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads sass-mode-autoloads haml-mode-autoloads
powerline-autoloads nvm-autoloads nodejs-repl-autoloads
prescient-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads
visual-regexp-steroids-autoloads terraform-mode-autoloads
flycheck-inline-autoloads whitespace-cleanup-mode-autoloads
projectile-rails-autoloads rake-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads
inflections-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads yaml-autoloads
python-pytest-autoloads flycheck-golangci-lint-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads scala-mode-autoloads
quick-peek-autoloads tablist-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads
imenu-anywhere-autoloads pager-default-keybindings-autoloads
pager-autoloads treepy-autoloads bui-autoloads repeat-help-autoloads
apib-mode-autoloads quelpa-use-package-autoloads quelpa-autoloads
package-lint-autoloads ido-vertical-mode-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads solarized-theme-autoloads beginend-autoloads
smooth-scrolling-autoloads vterm-autoloads which-key-autoloads
aggressive-indent-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads ron-mode-autoloads
rg-autoloads wgrep-autoloads hcl-mode-autoloads visual-regexp-autoloads
udev-mode-autoloads dired-collapse-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
ag-autoloads arduino-mode-autoloads ede/auto eieio-base crux-autoloads
elisp-def-autoloads coverage-autoloads ov-autoloads
shift-number-autoloads python-isort-autoloads magit-todos-autoloads
pcre2el-autoloads magit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads transient-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads compat-autoloads kurecolor-autoloads
ibuffer-projectile-autoloads projectile-autoloads flx-autoloads
lsp-treemacs-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
spinner-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads
avy-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
python-black-autoloads reformatter-autoloads async-autoloads
iedit-autoloads window-purpose-autoloads shut-up-autoloads
imenu-list-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
plantuml-mode-autoloads helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads
f-autoloads s-autoloads ht-autoloads info dash-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache json map byte-opt
url-vars comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra
help-mode bytecomp byte-compile gv pcase bootstrap-theme cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal kqueue cocoa
ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1467461 341431)
 (symbols 48 91758 0)
 (strings 32 357944 87464)
 (string-bytes 1 10808753)
 (vectors 16 166315)
 (vector-slots 8 4257189 446840)
 (floats 8 811 1558)
 (intervals 56 2634 101)
 (buffers 984 24))