Subject: bug#63750: 30.0.50; tree-sitter: `treesit-language-source-alist' is not customisable

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 15:32:00 +0300

> From: Mickey Petersen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 13:01:40 +0100
> 
> 
> Given the simple alist structure, and that its intent is to be used
> with the interactive function `treesit-install-language-grammar', it'd
> make sense to turn it into a Customize option.

We deliberately decided not to make it a defcustom, and not to provide
any non-trivial default value, so as to avoid the impression that we
as a project want to be responsible for the language grammars, their
correctness, up-to-date sites, and their licenses.  It should be
entirely up to the user and/or the Emacs distros.

However, I think we decided to make it so that each installation
should update the value of the variable with the data of the grammar
just installed.  I see that we don't actually do that -- Yuan, am I
misremembering this?  If not, would you please add code to add to the
variable's value the data of every grammar that is installed?