Subject: RE: bug#6372: 24.0.50; C-mouse-1 activates region

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 10:18:40 -0700

> "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > 1. Click C-mouse-1. The Buffer Menu opens.
> >  
> > 2. Click mouse-1 outside the menu. The menu disappears, which is
> > correct.
> >  
> > But the region is activated, which is incorrect.  Clicking 
> > mouse-1 here should simply set point, without activating the region.
> 
> FWIW, this is not reproducible on GNU/Linux.  Maybe a Windows-only
> issue; can someone with access to Windows check if this still happens?

Yes, the bug is still there.

I just checked in this build:

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-07-01 on MARVIN
Bzr revision: 108826 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.13.1-1-dev/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8/include/libxml2'

emacs -Q

`C-mouse-1'

Move mouse outside the popped up menu, and so that some text is between the
first click and the next.

`mouse-1'

The text between the first and second clicks is selected (active region).

Thx.