Subject: bug#63708: closed (Re: bug#63708: 29.0.60; rust-ts-mode not properly handling apostrophe)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 08:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63708: 29.0.60; rust-ts-mode not properly handling apostrophe

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63708: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63708
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63708: 29.0.60; rust-ts-mode not properly handling apostrophe
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Йордан Миладинов<[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2023 11:35:36 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 09:44:48 +0000
> From: Йордан Миладинов <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> Thanks for the feedback! Please find the revised patch attached.

Thanks, installed on the emacs-29 branch, and closing the bug.

Please note the followup changes I did in the code you added, and try
to follow this example in the future.

Subject: 29.0.60; rust-ts-mode not properly handling apostrophe
From: Йордан Миладинов<[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 21:40:30 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In Rust (rust-ts-mode) apostrophe-doublequote-apostrophe break many
parsing functions (scan-lists being the core one) as the apostrophe
character is parsed as punctuation, not as a string (as it is in
c-ts-mode for example).

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-04-01 built on nitro
Repository revision: 3bdbb66efb9895b8ed55270075fa7d8329f8d36b
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
'configure --with-xaw3d --with-xwidgets --prefix
/home/d/local/emacs-bin/ CFLAGS=-O3'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Outline

Minor modes in effect:
bug-reference-mode: t
global-subword-mode: t
subword-mode: t
csv-field-index-mode: t
key-chord-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
delete-selection-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/dev/emacs/eldoc-box/eldoc-box hides /home/d/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-box-20230404.2324/eldoc-box

Features:
(shadow mail-extr ispell emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git
diff-mode vc-dispatcher bug-reference wid-edit descr-text smex
company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb company d-init rust-ts-mode d-treesit typescript-ts-mode
json-ts-mode go-ts-mode c-ts-mode python js c-ts-common
dockerfile-ts-mode d-theme catppuccin-theme d-subword cap-words
superword subword d-rust d-python d-prog hideshow d-packages eldoc-box
eglot external-completion array filenotify imenu jsonrpc ert ewoc debug
backtrace yaml-mode solidity-mode solidity-common cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
pkgbuild-mode sh-script treesit executable meson-mode smie markdown-mode
edit-indirect haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support
noutline outline etags fileloop generator xref dabbrev haskell-customize
csv-mode sort d-nim d-keychords d-interactives d-common ripgrep grep
flymake-proc flymake derived pcase project warnings icons thingatpt
jka-compr ace-window avy ace-jump-mode cl use-package-chords bind-chord
key-chord use-package use-package-delight use-package-diminish d-html
mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto mmm-vars mmm-utils
mmm-compat d-globals vterm bookmark pp face-remap compile
text-property-search term disp-table ehelp find-func vterm-module
term/xterm xterm vterm-toggle tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat rx shell pcomplete comint
ansi-osc ansi-color parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec
swiper ivy ring ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color use-package-bind-key
edmacro kmacro bind-key easy-mmode d-dired dired dired-loaddefs
d-company d-cc d-bs advice ido delsel cus-load cl-extra help-mode
use-package-ensure use-package-core company-autoloads
catppuccin-theme-autoloads ripgrep-autoloads vue-mode-autoloads
vue-html-mode-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads solidity-mode-autoloads
ace-jump-mode-autoloads smex-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
vterm-toggle-autoloads vterm-autoloads use-package-chords-autoloads
bind-chord-autoloads key-chord-autoloads css-eldoc-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads zenburn-theme-autoloads avy-autoloads
meson-mode-autoloads doom-themes-autoloads mmm-mode-autoloads
djvu-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads one-themes-autoloads neotree-autoloads
pkgbuild-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
eldoc-box-autoloads counsel-autoloads swiper-autoloads info
ivy-autoloads ssass-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 290895 266480)
(symbols 48 38398 9)
(strings 32 148232 44154)
(string-bytes 1 3939562)
(vectors 16 45480)
(vector-slots 8 948948 245260)
(floats 8 266 920)
(intervals 56 521 416)
(buffers 984 17))