Subject: bug#637: 23.0.60; configure using faulty defaults, causing failure to build temacs?

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:04:33 +0200

Am 12.08.2008 um 23:55 schrieb Chong Yidong:

> Do you still see this problem in latest CVS?

No, it's gone. Although the Apple frameworks are still used:

	gcc -I/sw/include -L/sw/lib  -prebind -Xlinker -headerpad -Xlinker  
690 -bind_at_load -dead_strip -multiply_defined suppress -L/sw/lib/ 
ncurses -L/sw/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib - 
o temacs pre-crt0.o dispnew.o frame.o scroll.o xdisp.o menu.o xmenu.o  
window.o charset.o coding.o category.o ccl.o character.o chartab.o  
cm.o term.o terminal.o xfaces.o xterm.o xfns.o xselect.o xrdb.o  
fontset.o xsmfns.o fringe.o image.o  dbusbind.o emacs.o keyboard.o  
macros.o keymap.o sysdep.o buffer.o filelock.o insdel.o marker.o  
minibuf.o fileio.o dired.o filemode.o cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o  
indent.o search.o regex.o undo.o alloc.o data.o doc.o editfns.o  
callint.o eval.o floatfns.o fns.o font.o print.o lread.o syntax.o  
unexmacosx.o bytecode.o process.o callproc.o region-cache.o sound.o  
atimer.o doprnt.o strftime.o intervals.o textprop.o composite.o  
md5.o    xfont.o ftfont.o xftfont.o ftxfont.o terminfo.o lastfile.o   
widget.o    ../lwlib/liblw.a -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXaw3d -lXmu -lXt -lSM  
-lICE -lXext -ltiff -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lm -lgif -lXpm -lX11 -L/sw/lib/ 
fontconfig2/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXft -lfreetype -lXrender - 
lfontconfig  -L/sw/lib -lrsvg-2 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lgobject-2.0 - 
lgmodule-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv -L/sw/lib -ldbus-1 -lresolv - 
lncurses  -L/sw/lib/freetype219/lib -L/sw/lib -Wl,- 
framework,CoreServices -Wl,-framework,ApplicationServices -lotf - 
lfreetype -lz

--
Greetings

   Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
         The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated
         than by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere,
         bread becomes hard while crackers become soft.