Subject: CI failure due to warning in diff.c

From: Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 18:46:01 +0200

Hi Paul,

The diffutils CI reports a build failure:

  CC       diff.o
../../../sources/diffutils/src/diff.c: In function 'compare_files':
../../../sources/diffutils/src/diff.c:1209:8: error: missing initializer for field 'name' of 'struct file_data' [-Werror=missing-field-initializers]
 1209 |        .file[1].desc = name1 ? UNOPENED : NONEXISTENT,
      |        ^
In file included from ../../../sources/diffutils/src/diff.c:22:
../../../sources/diffutils/src/diff.h:275:22: note: 'name' declared here
  275 |     char const      *name; /* File name  */
      |                      ^~~~
../../../sources/diffutils/src/diff.c:1210:8: error: missing initializer for field 'name' of 'struct file_data' [-Werror=missing-field-initializers]
 1210 |        .parent = parent };
      |        ^
In file included from ../../../sources/diffutils/src/diff.c:22:
../../../sources/diffutils/src/diff.h:275:22: note: 'name' declared here
  275 |     char const      *name; /* File name  */
      |                      ^~~~
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [Makefile:1836: diff.o] Error 1

Looks like it's caused by yesterday's commit
e8c2d02643f8e75704088cebf7f7d54966d61c09

Bruno