Subject: bug#63669: Cutter package is heavily outdated and uses wrong backend

From: XVilka Haos of System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 22:34:31 +0800

Hi!
Regarding the package https://packages.guix.gnu.org/packages/cutter/

Since Cutter 2.x versions, it switched from Radare2 to Rizin as a
backend (a fork of Radare2). Meanwhile, Radare2 developers renamed
their GUI to "Iaito":

The latest available Cutter release at this time (May 23, 2023) is
2.2.1, and the corresponding Rizin release is 0.5.2

Since Guix already has packaged Rizin, upgrading the Cutter package
should be straightforward:
https://packages.guix.gnu.org/packages/rizin

**Links for the reference**

- https://cutter.re
- https://github.com/rizinorg/cutter
- https://rizin.re/posts/faq/
- https://github.com/radareorg/iaito
- https://repology.org/project/cutter-re/versions
- https://repology.org/project/rizin/versions

**Release links**

- https://github.com/rizinorg/cutter/releases/tag/v2.2.1
- https://github.com/rizinorg/rizin/releases/tag/v0.5.2

Best regards,
XVilka.