Subject: Re: bug#63662: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6: Document how to connect over SOCKS

From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 18:53:39 -0700

Hi Michael,

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> "J.P." <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I've also taken the liberty of adding a command to view etc/ERC-NEWS
>
> Shouldn't this file be in `emacs-news-mode' (or in `emacs-news-view-mode'
> when being viewed), like etc/NEWS?
>
> Best regards, Michael.

The command I've added tries to activate `emacs-news-view-mode' if
defined, but I'm not sure we can change the actual prop line because
older Emacs versions we support (27+) don't seem to have the file
emacs-news-mode.el.

J.P.