Subject: bug#63655: closed (Re: bug#63655: 29.0.91; Dialog box not displayed upon closing frame)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 14:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63655: 29.0.91; Dialog box not displayed upon closing frame

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63655: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63655
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63655: 29.0.91; Dialog box not displayed upon closing frame
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 17:48:06 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 21:16:40 +0800
> 
> Yes, it does.  Thanks.

Thanks, installed on the release branch, after some cleanup and update
of the docs.

> BTW, could we please not change yes-or-no-p on the release branch?  It's
> not involved in y-or-n-p, and doing so makes me skittish for a reason
> you can surely understand.

I'm just being proactive -- the very next bug report we will get is
why yes-or-no-p behaves differently wrt use of dialog boxes.  Even in
the recipe you posted here, yes-or-no-p behaved differently.  It makes
no sense to me to have such subtle differences, especially when many
people replace one of these function by the other, and we even have a
user option nowadays to do that automatically.

Subject: 29.0.91; Dialog box not displayed upon closing frame
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 13:12:38 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Start Emacs, then set confirm-kill-emacs to t.
Close the last frame on the only terminal by clicking the close button
on the WM frame window.  Emacs will ask:

  Really exit Emacs? (y or n)

in the echo area, instead of displaying a popup dialog as in Emacs 28.
This makes it difficult to close Emacs using only the mouse.