Subject: Re: bug#6365: bidi data structure inefficiencies

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 23:04:54 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 16:51:50 -0400
> 
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > Thanks for the critical review and suggestions.  I started a
> > discussion thread on emacs-devel about this, because I'm not sure
> > fixing this is a straight-forward matter.  I will implement whatever
> > conclusions are reached there as part of solving this bug report.
> 
> Did anything happen with this?

See the discussion that started here:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-06/msg00164.html

AFAIU, the conclusion was that there are no evident optimizations, and
that only profiling the current code against an alternative can tell
which one is better.

FWIW, I don't plan working o this any time soon.