Subject: [bug#63641] [PATCH 0/8] Add libc specific to Hurd and update components

From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 14:17:16 +0200

Josselin Poiret via Guix-patches via writes:

Hi Josselin!

> Since Janneke is working on the rumpkernel and needed some additional patches to
> our libc, I thought that we could bring back the libc specific to the Hurd, also
> because the newer versions of Hurd only work with glibc 2.37.  This will let us
> experiment with newer Hurds without impacting the rest of Guix.  There are also
> a couple of additions and clean-ups.

Awesome patch series, thank you!  Works for me, and it also brings the
rumpdisk patch series a big step further, WD0 is now being detected by
rumpdisk.  Still no success actually using it though (see
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-hurd/2023-05//msg00404.html).

> I'm still trying to fix native compilation, but it's not going as fast
> as I would like.

Good luck with that, let me know if I can do something to help.

Greetings,
Janneke

-- 
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com