Subject: bug#63627: Improve plstore.el and fix various issues of it

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2023 08:40:18 +0300

> Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2023 21:27:13 +0200
> From: Jens Schmidt <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > This seems to imply that you are still working on this changeset?
> 
> I plan for plstore.el:
> 
> 1. Two bug fixes on emacs-29 that I would like to add tests for on
>    master once the bug fixes have made their way to master.
> 
> 2. More tests and new features on emacs-master.
> 
> All of the above will still take some time to implement due to time
> constraints.
> 
> For all of the above it would be convenient to have the infrastructure
> of the plstore tests committed on master or at least agreed upon so
> that I can build on that.
> 
> Not sure how you prefer to get such long-running projects presented -
> as a series of minor (but self-contained!) patches over time or at
> once as one big set of patches.

It is preferable to install separate patches only if each one of them
has merit on its own.  E.g., imagine that some "force majeure" will
prevent you from working on further changes, and ask yourself whether
what you already have would make an improvement if installed.

Changes that only make sense together are better submitted and
installed as a single patch.

But if you personally prefer to submit a series of patches even when
they should be installed together, that's fine, it will just make them
slightly harder to review, especially if they touch the same code.