Subject: bug#63627: Improve plstore.el and fix various issues of it

From: Jens Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 12:21:38 +0200

On 2023-08-31  06:46, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2023 21:28:10 +0200
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> From: Jens Schmidt <[email-masked]>

>> Next set of patches, I hope they are still eligible for emacs-29.
>>
>> The first patch fixes more documentation and terminology issues in
>> plstore.el, still without touching any code.  The second patch
>> comprise ERT tests for plstore.el.  Since that requires interaction
>> with GnuPG, these tests are rather platform-dependent.  Test setup
>> should ensure that all tests are skipped if GnuPG is missing or not
>> appropriate for the tests.
> 
> Documentation fixes are always welcome on the release branch.
> 
> As for tests: I don't really object, but what would be the purpose of
> extending the test suite on the release branch? why not install that
> on master instead?

I thought about adding tests for 1-2 pending bugs in plstore.el in near
future.  But OTOH, these bugs are really not that significant, so
probably it makes indeed more sense to add the tests to master only.

>> Please check.
> 
> What would you like me to check?

Nothing in particular.  Like: "Please check whatever you must check
before committing such changes."

Actually, it *would* be interesting to know what you check in such a
situation, if it could be easily described.

Thanks.