Subject: bug#63620: 30.0.50; [Feature Request] run hooks on sleep/wake

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2025 16:49:03 +0200

> From: Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>,  Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>,
>   <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2025 21:38:53 +0800
> 
> Thanks, I'm happy to make changes. I think I understand what you are
> suggesting (and what Michael suggested earlier) and it is certainly
> desirable to make this more independent of D-Bus. My programming skills
> are extremely rudimentary so it might take some time (or I might fail
> altogether).

Thanks, and don't hesitate to ask questions where you have
difficulties.  I'm sure you will find here quite a few people willing
to help.

To make it clear: I think this is a very useful feature to have in
Emacs, given today's proliferation of laptops and devices that like to
go to sleep, so I hope we will be able to make it work on as many
platforms as possible.  Which is why I think we should try
implementing it using the most portable and flexible mechanisms we
have of triggering stuff in Emacs.