Subject: bug#63620: 30.0.50; [Feature Request] run hooks on sleep/wake

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2025 15:16:24 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Andrew Cohen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2025 11:19:55 +0800
> 
> I have not had much time for Emacs outside of my regular activities, but
> I made the changes you suggested and have been using the package for the
> past year. Unless I hear objections, I'll push the package to master
> sometime soon.

Thanks, but could we perhaps implement this in a way that is less
modeled on D-Bus, thus allowing different back-ends on other systems?
For example, could we have the D-Bus backend inject an input event,
which could then be bound to a command, instead of directly calling
the hooks from a D-Bus event handler?  That would allow adding other
backend, which will generate the same input event "by other means".

Stefan and Michael, I'd appreciate your comments, both on the patch
and on my proposal.  Maybe you will have other, better design ideas.
(FWIW, I've read Michael's original comments in this bug report as
saying things similar to what I say above.  But either I misunderstood
or the patch as posted doesn't do what Michael suggested back then.)