Subject: bug#63620: 30.0.50; [Feature Request] run hooks on sleep/wake

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2025 10:45:50 -0500

Only insofar as the C-level API calls are different and that the mechanism
may have an impedance mismatches. For example, I do not think on macOS
there is a way to describe a delay as Andrew suggests there is on
dbus/logind/systemd. The only API I'm aware of is one where you tell the OS
that the "user is busy" and then tell it the user is not busy. However, the
documentation for the "will sleep" notification does say one can delay in
the handler but is otherwise silent on how to do that and I've found no
information. I'll have to contact Apple to see how to do this, if it's
real. It could be vestigial documentation.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2025 at 10:44 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2025 08:07:44 -0500
> > Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
> >       [email-masked]
> >
> > I prefer using a mode, it seems more idiomatic. Shall this use
> cl-defgeneric in sleep-wake-mode that each
> > system can specialize?
>
> Are there differences on the Lisp level between the systems?
>