Subject: bug#63620: 30.0.50; [Feature Request] run hooks on sleep/wake

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2025 05:54:41 -0500

On macOS, the receiver of a "will sleep" notification can delay sleep for
some time. There's also a message when the screen is put to sleep but not
the OS that might have some utility.

On Thu, Feb 6, 2025 at 12:20 AM Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> > The idea is that you add code to detect the change at the OS level,
> > and then create an event of type sleep-event with an argument of t for
> > sleep and nil for wake.  The lisp package detects the sleep-event and
> > runs the appropriate code.
>
> BTW: I understand what a "wake" event means, but what about
> a "sleep" event?  I mean: how can we receive this event before we wake
> up again?  Or does it mean that we're about to sleep?  If so what do we
> know about when we'll sleep?  Can we influence (e.g. delay) it?
>
>
>         Stefan
>
>