Subject: 24.0.50; Bug in vc-dir status update for SVN 1.5.x

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 17:18:09 -0400

Subversion 1.6 changed the output of "svn status -r" to include an
extra column.  The following change (according to git):

	Author: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
	Date:   Thu Dec 10 14:24:42 2009 +0000

	    (vc-svn-after-dir-status): Fix regexp.  (Bug#4741)

accommodates this extra column at the expense of breaking Subversion
1.5; files that require update are skipped entirely by
vc-svn-after-dir-status.  Could we please make the following tweak so
that it also works for older versions?  (Since Subversion 1.6 is barely
15 months old, I assume it was not Dan's intent to drop compatibility.)

   And since this change has been around for a while, I assume this is
also broken in 23.2 . . .

   TIA,

					-- Bob Rogers
					   http://www.rgrjr.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------
diff --git a/lisp/vc-svn.el b/lisp/vc-svn.el
index cd43d42..889a60c 100644
--- a/lisp/vc-svn.el
+++ b/lisp/vc-svn.el
@@ -170,7 +170,7 @@ want to force an empty list of arguments, use t."
                      (?? . unregistered)
                      ;; This is what vc-svn-parse-status does.
                      (?~ . edited)))
-	(re (if remote "^\\(.\\)...... \\([ *]\\) +\\(?:[-0-9]+\\)?   \\(.*\\)$"
+	(re (if remote "^\\(.\\)......? \\([ *]\\) +\\(?:[-0-9]+\\)?   \\(.*\\)$"
 	      ;; Subexp 2 is a dummy in this case, so the numbers match.
 	      "^\\(.\\)....\\(.\\) \\(.*\\)$"))
        result)