Subject: bug#6361: closed (Re: bug#6361: 24.0.50; Bug in vc-dir status update for SVN 1.5.x)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 07:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6361: 24.0.50; Bug in vc-dir status update for SVN 1.5.x

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6361: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6361
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6361: 24.0.50; Bug in vc-dir status update for SVN 1.5.x
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 03:34:45 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks; applied.

Subject: 24.0.50; Bug in vc-dir status update for SVN 1.5.x
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 17:18:09 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

   Subversion 1.6 changed the output of "svn status -r" to include an
extra column.  The following change (according to git):

	Author: Dan Nicolaescu <[email-masked]>
	Date:   Thu Dec 10 14:24:42 2009 +0000

	    (vc-svn-after-dir-status): Fix regexp.  (Bug#4741)

accommodates this extra column at the expense of breaking Subversion
1.5; files that require update are skipped entirely by
vc-svn-after-dir-status.  Could we please make the following tweak so
that it also works for older versions?  (Since Subversion 1.6 is barely
15 months old, I assume it was not Dan's intent to drop compatibility.)

   And since this change has been around for a while, I assume this is
also broken in 23.2 . . .

   TIA,

					-- Bob Rogers
					   http://www.rgrjr.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------
diff --git a/lisp/vc-svn.el b/lisp/vc-svn.el
index cd43d42..889a60c 100644
--- a/lisp/vc-svn.el
+++ b/lisp/vc-svn.el
@@ -170,7 +170,7 @@ want to force an empty list of arguments, use t."
                      (?? . unregistered)
                      ;; This is what vc-svn-parse-status does.
                      (?~ . edited)))
-	(re (if remote "^\\(.\\)...... \\([ *]\\) +\\(?:[-0-9]+\\)?   \\(.*\\)$"
+	(re (if remote "^\\(.\\)......? \\([ *]\\) +\\(?:[-0-9]+\\)?   \\(.*\\)$"
 	      ;; Subexp 2 is a dummy in this case, so the numbers match.
 	      "^\\(.\\)....\\(.\\) \\(.*\\)$"))
        result)