Subject: bug#6360: 24.0.50; TRAMP with gud/gdb causing "File error: pty association is not supported"

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 12:46:35 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Using TRAMP method scpc and attempting run gdb on a remote file/server,
>> I am getting the following error:
>>
>> File error: pty association is not supported for `gdb-inferior'
>>
>> I have included my TRAMP debug buffer as part of this report:
>
> It's the same problem as reported in Bug#4604. I still have no idea how
> to solve it.

I've just committed patches to the trunk which allow Tramp to handle
remote ttys. Some simple minded test cases work for me. However, there
are still problems:

The buffer "*input/output of emacs*" shows the error message

&"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not
permitted\n"

Source files seem to be loaded as local files (which works in my case,
because I have used "/ssh::...")

Somebody with more knowledge about gdb (Nick?) might check the issues.

Best regards, Michael.