Subject: Re: bug#63595: 30.0.50; ERC 5.6: Add buffer-list and nick-list modules

From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 08:55:45 -0500

Thank you; I think this fixes things and should be applied.

On Sun, Aug 20, 2023 at 2:56 PM J.P. <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Corwin Brust <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > TL;DR: Couldn't apply; can you double check?
>
>   $ curl -L "$url [2]" | git am
>
> I find it unlikely that none of the hunks apply cleanly. Perhaps this
>
> [2] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?filename=0001-5.6-Prevent-unwanted-recursion-in-erc-nickbar-disabl.patch;msg=23;bug=63595;att=1
>

Quite right; thanks for pointing out the improbability of no hunks
applying; the command you suggested worked fine.

Moreover, I believe this patch solves the issue (or helps enough I
can't notice it).  Since applying I see no difference in how often I'm
disconnected between patched ERC, ERC without nickbar, and hexchat,
all running on the same system connected to the same bouncer.  (Prior
to the patch ERC with nickbar running was disconnected much more often
than hexchat).