Subject: bug#6359: 23.1; visit new file not working

From: "Ulrich Staudinger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 18:46:47 +0200

*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste them here! *** 

Am on windows7, when i want to visit a new file, the file dialog appears,
and when i enter a filename, it says the file does not exist - all the time.
It's impossible to create a new file with emacs... 

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)

 of 2009-07-30 on SOFT-MJASON

Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600

configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4)'

Important settings:

  value of $LC_ALL: nil

  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil

  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil

  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil

  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil

  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil

  value of $LC_TIME: nil

  value of $LANG: DES

  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil

  locale-coding-system: cp1252

  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: LaTeX

Minor modes in effect:

  text-scale-mode: t

  shell-dirtrack-mode: t

  tooltip-mode: t

  tool-bar-mode: t

  mouse-wheel-mode: t

  menu-bar-mode: t

  file-name-shadow-mode: t

  global-font-lock-mode: t

  font-lock-mode: t

  blink-cursor-mode: t

  global-auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-composition-mode: t

  auto-encryption-mode: t

  auto-compression-mode: t

  line-number-mode: t

  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 

<right> <right> <right> <up> <left> <left> <left> <left> 

<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 

<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <right> <right> 

<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> , , 

<backspace> SPC <C-right> p r SPC <backspace> <backspace> 

<backspace> SPC <backspace> <C-left> <backspace> <backspace> 

SPC o r SPC <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-right> 

<C-right> <C-right> <C-right> <C-left> <C-left> <C-left> 

<C-right> <backspace> <backspace> c a n SPC b e <backspace> 

<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 

s e e m s SPC t <backspace> o t SPC <backspace> <backspace> 

<backspace> t o SPC m a k e SPC s e n s e <C-right> 

<C-right> <C-left> <left> <left> <backspace> <backspace> 

<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 

<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 

<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 

<backspace> b e SPC i m e r <backspace> <backspace> 

p e r a t i v e C-x C-s C-x C-s <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 

<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> 

<up> <up> <up> <up> <left> <left> <left> <left> <down> 

<left> <left> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 

<drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-y <down-mouse-1> 

<mouse-1> C-y <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 

<drag-mouse-1> <backspace> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 

<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <backspace> C-x C-s 

<help-echo> M-x r e p o r t - <tab> <return>

Recent messages:

Saving file c:/Users/ustaudinger/Desktop/project/document.tex...

Wrote c:/Users/ustaudinger/Desktop/project/document.tex

Saving file c:/Users/ustaudinger/Desktop/project/document.tex...

Wrote c:/Users/ustaudinger/Desktop/project/document.tex

Saving file c:/Users/ustaudinger/Desktop/project/document.tex...

Wrote c:/Users/ustaudinger/Desktop/project/document.tex

(No changes need to be saved)

Mark set [2 times]

Saving file c:/Users/ustaudinger/Desktop/project/document.tex...

Wrote c:/Users/ustaudinger/Desktop/project/document.tex