Subject: bug#63589: 29.0.91; crash after creating graphical frames via emacsclient when compiled with cairo-xcb

From: andrés ramírez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 14:58:47 +0000

Hi. Thiago.

>>>>> "Thiago" == Thiago Melo <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

    Thiago> I did some tests with Emacs + Cairo 1.17.8 as well. I still got the same errors.

Not on my case. I have tested cairo-xcb-bug-2.c three times without the crash.

    Thiago> While good to know if it runs well there, Cairo 1.17 is an experimental pre-release.
    Thiago> The latest stable version of Cairo at the moment is 1.16.0, which is the version shipped
    Thiago> by Debian based distros.  Even Debian Unstable packages Cairo 1.16 at the moment.  If
    Thiago> Cairo 1.17 received relevant bug fixes, they should have been (hopefully) backported to
    Thiago> 1.16 either by the Cairo devs or Debian package maintainers.  If we find out this is not
    Thiago> the case, then it would be nice to report it upstream.

It could be the case. But We could be wrong also.

Weird the bug is present on your case on debian.

I am on archlinux with up-to-date packages. I remember as part of the
discussion about bug#57364 Po Lu asked me to update cairo. At that time
I compiled the git version. But now archlinux By default packages
1.17. But our distros are the opposite about the packages they publish.

Best Regards