Subject: bug#63589: 29.0.91; crash after creating graphical frames via emacsclient when compiled with cairo-xcb

From: Thiago Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 21:23:33 +0000

Hi Andrés.

Andrés Ramírez <[email-masked]> writes:
> My cairo version is 1.17.8.

I did some tests with Emacs + Cairo 1.17.8 as well. I still got the same errors.

While good to know if it runs well there, Cairo 1.17 is an
experimental pre-release.  The latest stable version of Cairo at the
moment is 1.16.0, which is the version shipped by Debian based
distros.  Even Debian Unstable packages Cairo 1.16 at the moment.  If
Cairo 1.17 received relevant bug fixes, they should have been
(hopefully) backported to 1.16 either by the Cairo devs or Debian
package maintainers.  If we find out this is not the case, then it
would be nice to report it upstream.

> I have tested
> cairo-xcb-bug.c
>
> And On my case. It never crashes.

Thanks.  In the meantime, I wrote a headless, non-interactive and
slightly improved version of this code.  It should iterate faster and
trigger the bug more reliably.  I've attached it here.  Needless to
say, but please take a careful look at the code before compiling and
running it.  Then, it would be nice if you let us know if it crashes
on you.