Subject: bug#6358: closed (Re: bug#6358: 23.2; foreach should not be a javascript keyword)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 19:09:02 +0000

Your bug report

#6358: 23.2; foreach should not be a javascript keyword

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6358: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6358
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6358: 23.2; foreach should not be a javascript keyword
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:08:24 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In the absence of any response I am closing this.

You can still reply any time in the next 28 days (or indeed after that
if you follow the instructions about unarchiving bugs.)

You need to explain how to make the issue happen starting from `emacs -Q'.
Sorry, but I just can't see how this could happen with the js.el
distributed with Emacs.

The only thing that is highlighted is "for each" (with space between
the two). This is apparently valid JavaScript, eg:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Core_JavaScript_1.5_Reference/Statements/for_each...in

Subject: 23.2; foreach should not be a javascript keyword
From: Jack Tanner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2010 11:24:17 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When editing a .js file in js-mode, "foreach" is highlighted as a
keyword. It's not a valid JavaScript keyword and should not be
highlighted.

foreach (var foo in myObj) { } // Invalid construct

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
  of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags 
-Ic:/xpm/include'

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: ENU
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: cp1252
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Javascript

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   nxhtml-menu-mode: t
   nxhtml-tag-do-also: t
   popcmp-group-alternatives: t
   popcmp-short-help-beside-alts: t
   mlinks-active-links: t
   css-palette-global-mode: t
   rngalt-minimal-validation-header: t
   rngalt-display-validation-header: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   desktop-save-mode: t
   cua-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down>
<S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down>
<S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down>
<S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down> <S-down>
<S-down> <S-down> C-c <timeout> <C-home> C-s c l a
s s : <left> <C-left> ' <C-right> ' C-s <down> <right>
C-x C-s C-x C-f ~ / <backspace> <backspace> c / <backspace>
<backspace> / c y g d <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> C-a <S-end> <backspace> c :
/ s i t e - l i s p / <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> P r o <tab> \ SPC <tab> <backspace>
<backspace> SPC F <tab> SPC <tab> s <backspace> e m
<tab> l i <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <tab> <tab>
<tab> 2 <tab> <tab> l i <tab> j s <tab> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> l a <tab> j <tab> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> m o <tab> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <tab> j a <tab>
<backspace> <backspace> <tab> p <tab> r <tab> o <tab>
g <tab> j <tab> <return> C-s f o r e a C-s <up> <right>
<prior> <C-home> <next> <next> <next> <next> <switch-frame>
M-x j s <tab> C-g C-h a j s - <return> <help-echo>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x k <return> <switch-frame>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <mouse-1> <next>
<next> <next> <C-home> C-s i d e n t i f i e C-s C-s
C-s <up> <right> <prior> <C-home> <switch-frame> <switch-frame>
<switch-frame> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1>
M-x e m <backspace> <backspace> b u g - <tab> C-g M-x
e m a c s - b <backspace> C-g C-h a r e p o r t <return>
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Making completion list...
Quit
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window.
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Quit [2 times]
Type C-x 4 C-o RET to restore the other window.

Load-path shadows:
c:/site-lisp/table hides c:/Program Files 
2/emacs/emacs-23.2/lisp/textmodes/table
c:/site-lisp/css-mode hides c:/Program Files 
2/emacs/emacs-23.2/lisp/textmodes/css-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev
nnheader gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils
emacsbug tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds
tramp auth-source password-cache format-spec tramp-compat trampver
face-remap php-mode cc-langs add-log debug cogre-mode cogre picture-hack
rect picture cogre-load cogre-loaddefs cogre-srecode semantic/edit
semantic/find srecode/srt-mode semantic/analyze semantic/sort
semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn semantic/db semantic/format
srecode/template srecode/srt-wy semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/ctxt srecode/ctxt semantic/tag-ls srecode/compile srecode/map
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw cedet srecode/dictionary srecode/table srecode mode-local
eieio-base eieio-opt eieio multi-isearch css-mode nxml-uchnm rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct nxhtml-mumamo mumamo-fun nxhtml vc-git js json
etags newcomment cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-styles cc-align
ess-toolbar ess-mous mouseme thingatpt browse-url ess-menu speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe ess-swv ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode essl-bugs
essd-omg essl-omg essd-els essd-sas essl-sas essa-sas executable shell
essd-arc essd-vst essd-xls essl-lsp essd-sta essl-sta make-regexp
essd-sp6w essd-sp4 essd-sp3 essd-r essd-r-args assoc essl-s ess-inf
ess-utils ess-mode noweb-mode ess ess-cust ess-emcs ess-site
nxhtml-autostart nxhtml-autoload moz cc-cmds majmodpri nxhtml-menu
udev-rinari udev-ecb udev flymake-js flymake nxhtml-mode html-quote
tidy-xhtml ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util
ediff-mult ediff-init ediff html-imenu imenu loadhist popcmp xhtml-help
mlinks html-toc xml fupd html-pagetoc foldit appmenu-fold appmenu
help-mode view fold-dwim hideshow html-upl html-site derived ffip
gimpedit dired css-palette css-color mumamo sgml-mode rngalt
ourcomments-util uniquify recentf tree-widget org byte-opt org-footnote
org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs noutline outline ido grep
compile comint ring bookmark pp apropos rng-nxml nxml-mode nxml-outln
nxml-rap nxml-glyph rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok
flyspell ispell cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt web-vcs bytecomp
byte-compile rx advice help-fns advice-preload url-http tls url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-auth
url-cookie timezone url-util url-parse url-gw url-vars mm-decode
gnus-util netrc mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mm-util time-date mail-prsvr cus-edit easymenu
wid-edit cl cl-19 web-autoload nxhtml-base easy-mmode paren desktop
delsel cua-base cus-start cus-load tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)