Subject: bug#63578: closed (Re: bug#63578: 29.0.91; Org Cannot tangle with tramp using sudo)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 10:45:02 +0000

Your bug report

#63578: 29.0.91; Org Cannot tangle with tramp using sudo

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63578: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63578
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63578: 29.0.91; Org Cannot tangle with tramp using sudo
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Kostadin Ninev <[email-masked]>
Cc: Bastien <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 12:44:03 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.1

Kostadin Ninev <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Kostadin,

>> could you pls check in your environment?
>
> I can confirm that your patch works for me. I hope the tests run
> successfully. Thank you for your work !

Thanks. The regression tests have passed also. There are still some
oddities, but not related to *this* change.

I've pushed the change to the emacs-29 branch, closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 29.0.91; Org Cannot tangle with tramp using sudo
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 22:21:16 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Triyng to tangle this org block on emacs 29.0.91 with emacs -Q

#+begin_src conf :tangle /ssh:user@server|sudo::/etc/test.conf
test
#+end_src

It hangs with Opening connection nil for root@server using sudo.... If I
install emacs 28 everything works fine.

Also when I manually do M-x find-file > 
/ssh:user@server|sudo::/etc/test.conf
it finds with without problems and after that I can tangle the block
until I restart emacs then it fails again. This again was tested with 
emacs -Q.

If I try to tangle a non root file, the problem does not appear.

I also tested on emacs 30 both on archlinux and opensuse tumbleweed.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-05-18 built on server
Repository revision: f8d9e40d2c1d127a125adc097d985a0b6964a86c
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
--with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
--with-native-compilation=yes --with-native-compilation=aot
--with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no
--with-tree-sitter --without-gpm --without-compress-install
'--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
-fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: bg_BG.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: bg_BG.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug tramp-cmds tramp-cache time-stamp
tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell ls-lisp conf-mode vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree
generator oc-basic ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg
dom browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core json map byte-opt url-vars gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
sendmail mailcap yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr
image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb
ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
time-date noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
format-spec cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq
cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 274978 21651)
(symbols 48 22206 2)
(strings 32 78313 5263)
(string-bytes 1 2419918)
(vectors 16 42211)
(vector-slots 8 755160 31482)
(floats 8 332 154)
(intervals 56 390 375)
(buffers 984 13))