Subject: [bug#63576] [PATCH v1 0/4] Add aarch64-none-elf-gcc-toolchain.

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2023 03:00:06 +0200

On Sun, 4 Jun 2023 11:43:16 +0300
Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > I didn't test it for microncontroller development as I don't know
> > what board to get to test it. Apparently support for 64bit was
> > added to Armv8-R, so it might be possible to find some boards with
> > 64bit CPUs at some point.
> 
> Pity, this is what I was going to ask about.
I've looked at it and there are no cortex-M that are 64bit yet. The
only 64bit ARM CPUs are in cortex-A or cortex-R.

Do you want me to write some simple code that outputs something on the
serial port of a cortex A to validate the toolchain?

> I'm not opposed to adding these packages, but I want to make sure that
> they're useful for what people would be looking for. I also think that
> they'd be best in gnu/packages/embedded.scm near the very similar arm
> packages.
Should I go forward and propose a v2 in gnu/packages/embedded.scm ?

Should I keep the patch mostly as-is (with updated IASL, moved in
embedded.scm) or should I rework it somehow?

Denis.