Subject: Re: bug#63571: [PATCH 00/14] 'guix refresh -u' updates input fields

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 19:02:54 +0200

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Am Donnerstag, dem 18.05.2023 um 17:11 +0200 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
>> Hello!
>> 
>> Until now, ‘guix refresh -u’ would tell you what inputs need to
>> be changed in your packages, for the ‘cran’, ‘pypi’, and ‘stackage’
>> updaters.  With this change it changes them right away.
>> 
>> [...]
>> Thoughts?
> Sounds useful, but we should still look over the additions and removals
> to check whether they are adequate.

Yes, definitely!

> When I refreshed python-mpi4py today, it suggested to remove the
> openmpi input :)

Yeah, in general these per-language repositories don’t express
foreign-language dependencies, or they do it in a way that’s hard to
translate.  So this is the typical case where one needs to pay
attention, indeed.

Ludo’.