Subject: bug#63550: proced-refine-with-update-test is racy

From: Basil Contovounesios <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 12:44:25 +0100

Mattias Engdegård [2023-05-17 11:38 +0200] wrote:

> The proced test `proced-refine-with-update-test` seems to have an update race which makes it fail randomly. (This is on macOS, but I see no reason it would be much different elsewhere.)

Indeed I encounter the race from time to time on GNU/Linux as well.

> I'm marking it :unstable for now.

Thanks,

-- 
Basil

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2023-05-15 built on blc
Repository revision: ebf5e4ca1cd39d3f23c4e37d9bdfeb2bf347df6d
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure CC=gcc-12 'CFLAGS=-Og -ggdb3' --prefix=/home/bic/.local
 --with-file-notification=yes --with-x --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_IE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix