Subject: bug#63530: Missing library in package procps

From: Csepp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 00:36:37 +0200

Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi
>
> Trying to upgrade a somewhat outdated system (from March 23) I noticed
> igt-gpu-tools failed to build.  Investigating a bit the build fails due
> to some "proc/readproc.h" include missing.  I think i managed to fix the
> failure in procps's Makefile, but testing the patched build results in a
> rather huge rebuild.  `guix refresh -l procps` results in 5328
> packages.  Are there any other approaches one could take to a) fix the
> broken package without b) triggering a world-rebuild?
>
> I'm not sure if this is an upstream bug and whether other packages are
> affected, neither do I know whether the other header files that aren't
> being copied to the install dir should be.
>
>
> Thanks for your input in advance!  I'll update this issue with a patch
> as soon as I manage to verify that my attempt actually works.
>
> gabber

You could test it as a graft, then dependents won't get rebuilt.  If the
public ABI exported by the package doesn't change, it Should Be Fine TM.