Subject: Re: bug#63526: [PATCH] gnu: hubbub: Disable building tests

From: Bruno Victal <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 14:35:17 +0100

On 2023-05-25 14:02, Greg Hogan wrote:
> Hi Andy,
> 
> Disabling tests should be a last resort, especially without a process
> to evaluate re-enabling tests in the future.

I concur.

A test failure, unless it is caused by things such as “requiring
network access” or is expected due to guix specifics should be
considered a problem with the package. (if tests are disabled simply
because they happen to fail without doing any investigation, why have
tests at all?)

> Based on the error, can we instead add
> "-Wno-error=maybe-uninitialized" to the configure-flags?

I'd report this upstream first, it can be the case that the error
(which is being flagged by the compiler) is unmasking a real bug
upstream.

-- 
Furthermore, I consider that nonfree software must be eradicated.

Cheers,
Bruno.