Subject: Re: [bug#63521] Request for merging "tex-team" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 10:57:24 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'd like the current "tex-team" to be merged into master.
>
> AFAIK, there are no blockers yet.

Thanks for creating this issue.

The bordeaux build farm hasn't started building the tex-team branch yet,
although I'll try and get that to happen soon.

Unfortunately the build farms still have quite a lot of work to do with
the master branch, if you compare the substitute availability before the
recent core-updates merge [1] to now [2], things are still very lacking
for armhf-linux and i686-linux.

1: https://data.guix.gnu.org/revision/472706ae2f9160833951a4e4bcc4c206e03097b0/package-substitute-availability
2: https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/latest-processed-revision/package-substitute-availability

While I realise that waiting to make changes is fustrating, I think it's
important to try and build things before merging so that the effects are
known. This is also good motivation to get more hardware helping to
build things to speed up the process.

Thanks,

Chris