Subject: [bug#63521] Request for merging "tex-team" branch

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 13:05:55 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> writes:

> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> While I realise that waiting to make changes is fustrating, I think it's
>> important to try and build things before merging so that the effects are
>> known. This is also good motivation to get more hardware helping to
>> build things to speed up the process.
>
> I opened the issue because the "tex-team" branch was fully built on
> CI, according to <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/461653>.
>
> Should I have looked elsewhere before asking for the merge?

I see opening the issue as something to do near the middle of the
process. Similar to opening an issue for some patches, so I think now is
a good time.

However, I'd be sceptical of what you see at [1]. I'm guessing what
you're seeing is correct (at least in the sense of Cuirrass), but there
being no more scheduled builds doesn't mean the branch is good to merge.

1: https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/461653

You can see here [2] that while substitute availability is OK for
x86_64-linux and i686-linux, it's poor for all other systems. Also, I
think this might not actually relate to changes on the branch,
substitute availability for aarch64-linux is poor from ci.guix.gnu.org
on the master branch as well.

2: https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/tex-team