Subject: bug#63469: 29.0.90; project.el doesn't add menu-bar entries

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 10:01:23 +0300

> Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 09:53:52 +0300
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> On 17/05/2023 14:30, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> >> From: Spencer Baugh<[email-masked]>
> >> Cc:[email-masked]
> >> Date: Tue, 16 May 2023 13:09:56 -0400
> >>
> >> Also with the bug number in the commit message.
> > Thanks.  This LGTM, but what about Juri's suggestion to have a
> > separate Project menu under Tools, with all these as its items?
> 
> I think there should be either one or another. Or there will be too much 
> of them.

Why? what's wrong with having both?

these menu items aren't visible unless someone actually drops down
their parent menu.  So they don't seem to be able to cause any
excessive display clutter.

The advantage of having both is that these items will be more
discoverable, and support both discovery through the related
functionality and through Package itself.