Subject: bug#63469: 29.0.90; project.el doesn't add menu-bar entries

From: Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2023 14:15:58 -0400

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Some proposed additions:
>> - File, "Open File In Project",
>>   project-find-file
>> - Edit -> Search, "Search Files In Project",
>>   project-find-regexp
>> - Edit -> Replace, "Replace Regexp In Project",
>>   project-query-replace-regexp
>> - Tools -> Shell Commands, "Run Shell Interactively In Project",
>>   project-shell
>> - Buffers, "Select Buffer In Project",
>>   project-switch-to-buffer
>
> OTOH, when project menu entries are grouped under a single submenu,
> it would easier to use them, including context menus, etc.

Both approaches have their own merits.  Putting the project commands
next to the non-project equivalents in the menus makes them easier to
find for users who don't already know about them, which I think is one
of the main points of the menu bar.

And, considering that both approaches have their own merits, I'll note
that we already one "single submenu" for project commands: The C-x p
prefix, which groups all the project commands together, and that's what
an experienced user is likely to use.  Taking the other approach in the
menu bar lets us get the best of both words.