Subject: Re: [bug#63462] [PATCH maintenance] hydra: build-package-metadata: Update fields in sources.json.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2023 14:12:17 +0200

Hi,

On ven., 12 mai 2023 at 13:47, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

>                               (I pushed it on your behalf because you’re
> not currently authorized in maintenance.git; please email guix-sysadmin
> if you’d like to be there.)

Ok, I will.

> I wish they had opted for something more expressive (and also with a
> more meaningful name :-)) than ‘outputHashMode’, similar to what you did
> for ‘guix hash -S’.  But anyway, it does the job!

Well, I am biased. ;-)  Another poor naming inherited from Nix [1]. :-)

1: https://nixos.org/manual/nix/stable/language/advanced-attributes.html

> It looks like SWH will be storing nar hashes; will there be endpoints to
> query directories by nar hash?

This is still ongoing.  IIUC, it’s the last item of SWH issue #4868 [2].

2: https://gitlab.softwareheritage.org/swh/infra/sysadm-environment/-/issues/4868

Cheers,
simon