Subject: [bug#63459] Changes to the branching/commit policy

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 21:28:38 -0400

Hi Christopher,

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> thanks for taking up this issue! I agreed with Ludovic's comments, so
>> things look good now for me. A very minor point: In the section on
>> "trivial" changes, I would drop this sentence (which was already there
>> before):
>> "This is subject to being adjusted, allowing individuals to commit directly
>> on non-controversial changes on parts they’re familiar with."
>> The sentence is meaningless, as everything is all the time subject to being
>> adjusted; and we do not have immediate plans to adjust it.
>
> My reading of this line is that "adjusted" is probably not the right
> word to use, but I think the intent here is to talk about how currently
> it's accepted that people can and will push non-controversial changes on
> parts they’re familiar with directly to master.
>
> I'm not sure if others read this similarly.

That's how I read it as well.  I like the ability for people to, at
times depending on the situation, choose to push directly to fix or
update something instead of going through the otherwise recommended 1
week QA/review flow.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim