Subject: Guix pull not successful

From: a <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 13:03:38 -0500

first, i i ran guix pull and this happened.
i don't see anything in my kernel logs around this time

λ ~ guix pull
                                                         [1259]
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to d6f6b57 (667 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   d6f6b57
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
building
/gnu/store/kxhxsxmann4jv6z62z0ssh011sahk88k-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... /warning:
'texlive-latex-tools' is deprecated, use 'texlive-tools' instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-etexcmds' is deprecated, use 'texlive-etexcmds'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-infwarerr' is deprecated, use 'texlive-infwarerr'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-atbegshi' is deprecated, use 'texlive-atbegshi'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-atveryend' is deprecated, use 'texlive-atveryend'
instead
\Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   222:29 19 (map1 (#<syntax ((#<syntax lambda> (#<syntax x>) #<syntax x>)
#<syntax:packages.scm:609:30 %supporte?> ?))
   222:29 18 (map1 (#<syntax ((#<syntax lambda> (#<syntax x>) #<syntax x>)
(#<syntax quote> ()))> #<syntax (#<syn?> ?))
   222:17 17 (map1 (#<syntax (#<syntax:packages.scm:615:31
sanitize-location> (#<syntax:packages.scm:614:22 curre?> ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
Exception thrown while printing backtrace:
Wrong type to apply: 129

ice-9/boot-9.scm:3165:6: In procedure module-gensym:
Invalid read access of chars of wide string: "m-1bcbf699e1749862-28a08"
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/s2rl9h1zmxx84iyk25ndmn7rmy9508dj-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"d6f6b57766e95d2fa8af63d4460a2b303ca4d867"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

after this,l i ran guix pull immediately again and it worked. very odd.

λ ~ guix pull
                                                   1m 6s [1300]
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   d6f6b57
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... |warning:
'texlive-latex-tools' is deprecated, use 'texlive-tools' instead
/warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-etexcmds' is deprecated, use 'texlive-etexcmds'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-infwarerr' is deprecated, use 'texlive-infwarerr'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-atbegshi' is deprecated, use 'texlive-atbegshi'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-atveryend' is deprecated, use 'texlive-atveryend'
instead
-
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/y7icdx5smw4zxgmip9f49zyvqdpx6csg-profile.drv
  /gnu/store/7ylr4fnq4scdl1q8nk25k0z9r1nbqmkz-guix-daemon.drv
  /gnu/store/h4631zxaxx07brrpv7gfqsx7fnvnm13a-guix-command.drv
  /gnu/store/2sp6807xc6vgansbgi7x1fkw2p2q4xhj-guix-packages-base-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/asssjn2cjy8brl4rhbs4nwhgx82iqgwc-guix-system-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/k938c88nq6ilxhpqm3jih9f9ydpmi3ps-guix-extra-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/m3xx124jxmp7aafc1n9c6r3wj6bvi21n-guix-cli-core-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/wm0g2qfh48nc287byy5i4l9z6sl7imiq-guix-system-tests-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/wwax6pgsfrc0d7myq2sv6176a39ddns1-guix-cli-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/xpcrqihdl9sxipggs7p8n6h3dd5h2177-guix-home-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/4x12ra4pna94s1mpfj82paa2l1xh6kkc-inferior-script.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/qd3v4qisd7jaygqmhsls05rh2v97rigp-profile.drv

78.7 MB will be downloaded
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 guix-manual  6.3MiB
                       4.4MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-gnutls-3.7.12  89KiB
                      444KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-cli  307KiB
                      6.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-cli-core
                              6.6MiB/s 00:00 | 1.1MiB transferred
 guix-cli-modules  260B
                      602KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-cli-core-modules  261B
                       682KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-daemon-1.4.0-6.dc5430c  258KiB
                      16.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-extra
                             3.8MiB/s 00:01 | 3.5MiB transferred
 guix-home  606KiB
                       3.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-extra-modules  260B
                      873KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-home-modules  259B
                       920KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-packages-base  16.9MiB
                       1.5MiB/s 00:11 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-system
                              1.1MiB/s 00:08 | 9.4MiB transferred
 guix-packages-base-modules  266B
                      775KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-system-modules  261B
                       782KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-system-tests  644KiB
                       1.3MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-system-tests-modules  264B
                       770KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-d6f6b5776-modules  29.0MiB
                       952KiB/s 00:31 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-module-union  2KiB
                       652KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-command  651B
                      2.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-daemon  400B
                       906KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-d6f6b5776  14KiB
                       6.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
building CA certificate bundle...
listing Emacs sub-directories...
building fonts directory...
building directory of Info manuals...
building profile with 1 package...
building
/gnu/store/4x12ra4pna94s1mpfj82paa2l1xh6kkc-inferior-script.scm.drv...
building package cache...
building profile with 1 package...

hint: After setting `PATH', run `hash guix' to make sure your shell refers
to `/home/a/.config/guix/current/bin/guix'.