Subject: bug#63451: closed (Re: bug#63451: Guix pull not successful)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 09:09:07 +0000

Your bug report

#63451: Guix pull not successful

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
63451: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=63451
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#63451: Guix pull not successful
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: a <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 10:13:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Considering the history of the bug#63451

    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/63451

I’m closing because it’s 2 years old without an input and as I wrote
« Well, I do not know if it’s possible to investigate more.  Especially,
when you re-run “guix pull” and it passes. »

Feel free to reopen if I miss something.

On Wed, 24 May 2023 at 21:31, a <[email-masked]> wrote:

> hm. i will chalk it up to hardware/filesystem then! thank you for the
> time.

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 8:04 AM Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  Well, I do not know if it’s possible to investigate more.  Especially,
>  when you re-run “guix pull” and it passes.

Cheers,
simon

Subject: Guix pull not successful
From: a <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 13:03:38 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

first, i i ran guix pull and this happened.
i don't see anything in my kernel logs around this time

λ ~ guix pull
                                                         [1259]
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to d6f6b57 (667 new
commits)...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   d6f6b57
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
building
/gnu/store/kxhxsxmann4jv6z62z0ssh011sahk88k-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... /warning:
'texlive-latex-tools' is deprecated, use 'texlive-tools' instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-etexcmds' is deprecated, use 'texlive-etexcmds'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-infwarerr' is deprecated, use 'texlive-infwarerr'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-atbegshi' is deprecated, use 'texlive-atbegshi'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-atveryend' is deprecated, use 'texlive-atveryend'
instead
\Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   222:29 19 (map1 (#<syntax ((#<syntax lambda> (#<syntax x>) #<syntax x>)
#<syntax:packages.scm:609:30 %supporte?> ?))
   222:29 18 (map1 (#<syntax ((#<syntax lambda> (#<syntax x>) #<syntax x>)
(#<syntax quote> ()))> #<syntax (#<syn?> ?))
   222:17 17 (map1 (#<syntax (#<syntax:packages.scm:615:31
sanitize-location> (#<syntax:packages.scm:614:22 curre?> ?))
In ice-9/psyntax.scm:
Exception thrown while printing backtrace:
Wrong type to apply: 129

ice-9/boot-9.scm:3165:6: In procedure module-gensym:
Invalid read access of chars of wide string: "m-1bcbf699e1749862-28a08"
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
'/gnu/store/s2rl9h1zmxx84iyk25ndmn7rmy9508dj-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version:
"d6f6b57766e95d2fa8af63d4460a2b303ca4d867"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

after this,l i ran guix pull immediately again and it worked. very odd.

λ ~ guix pull
                                                   1m 6s [1300]
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at '
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Building from this channel:
  guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git   d6f6b57
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... |warning:
'texlive-latex-tools' is deprecated, use 'texlive-tools' instead
/warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-etexcmds' is deprecated, use 'texlive-etexcmds'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-infwarerr' is deprecated, use 'texlive-infwarerr'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-graphics' is deprecated, use 'texlive-graphics'
instead
warning: 'texlive-generic-atbegshi' is deprecated, use 'texlive-atbegshi'
instead
warning: 'texlive-latex-atveryend' is deprecated, use 'texlive-atveryend'
instead
-
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'...
100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/y7icdx5smw4zxgmip9f49zyvqdpx6csg-profile.drv
  /gnu/store/7ylr4fnq4scdl1q8nk25k0z9r1nbqmkz-guix-daemon.drv
  /gnu/store/h4631zxaxx07brrpv7gfqsx7fnvnm13a-guix-command.drv
  /gnu/store/2sp6807xc6vgansbgi7x1fkw2p2q4xhj-guix-packages-base-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/asssjn2cjy8brl4rhbs4nwhgx82iqgwc-guix-system-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/k938c88nq6ilxhpqm3jih9f9ydpmi3ps-guix-extra-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/m3xx124jxmp7aafc1n9c6r3wj6bvi21n-guix-cli-core-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/wm0g2qfh48nc287byy5i4l9z6sl7imiq-guix-system-tests-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/wwax6pgsfrc0d7myq2sv6176a39ddns1-guix-cli-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/xpcrqihdl9sxipggs7p8n6h3dd5h2177-guix-home-modules.drv
  /gnu/store/4x12ra4pna94s1mpfj82paa2l1xh6kkc-inferior-script.scm.drv
  /gnu/store/qd3v4qisd7jaygqmhsls05rh2v97rigp-profile.drv

78.7 MB will be downloaded
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
 guix-manual  6.3MiB
                       4.4MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 guile-gnutls-3.7.12  89KiB
                      444KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-cli  307KiB
                      6.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-cli-core
                              6.6MiB/s 00:00 | 1.1MiB transferred
 guix-cli-modules  260B
                      602KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-cli-core-modules  261B
                       682KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-daemon-1.4.0-6.dc5430c  258KiB
                      16.4MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-extra
                             3.8MiB/s 00:01 | 3.5MiB transferred
 guix-home  606KiB
                       3.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-extra-modules  260B
                      873KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-home-modules  259B
                       920KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-packages-base  16.9MiB
                       1.5MiB/s 00:11 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-system
                              1.1MiB/s 00:08 | 9.4MiB transferred
 guix-packages-base-modules  266B
                      775KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-system-modules  261B
                       782KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-system-tests  644KiB
                       1.3MiB/s 00:01 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-system-tests-modules  264B
                       770KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-d6f6b5776-modules  29.0MiB
                       952KiB/s 00:31 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-module-union  2KiB
                       652KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-command  651B
                      2.3MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-daemon  400B
                       906KiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
 guix-d6f6b5776  14KiB
                       6.1MiB/s 00:00 [##################] 100.0%
building CA certificate bundle...
listing Emacs sub-directories...
building fonts directory...
building directory of Info manuals...
building profile with 1 package...
building
/gnu/store/4x12ra4pna94s1mpfj82paa2l1xh6kkc-inferior-script.scm.drv...
building package cache...
building profile with 1 package...

hint: After setting `PATH', run `hash guix' to make sure your shell refers
to `/home/a/.config/guix/current/bin/guix'.